March 01, 2012

not really anything

it has almost been a month since my last post... I notice that I write when I am at extremes....
very happy, very mad, very sad...

but I am not really anything tonight...

I am a normal (somewhat) mother of three kids... A mother who spent a majority of her life in her car today for my kids... I mother who made meals, did some laundry, vacuumed the den, did a few carpools, helped some kids with a project, drove a kid to his home (worthy of an entire blog of itself), ordered some pizza and am presently waiting for the clock to strike BEDTIME.

I think we think we "have to be" a strong emotion...
and I will admit that being over the top happy is great...
but I am very content to settle with "being just fine"

Looking around, I have friends....
  • who are sick (I am pretty healthy),
  • have children with problems (My kids are pretty normal with some ADHD troubles that occur once and awhile),
  • have a terrible job (I play with little kids for a living and they actually pay me a little to do it, who could complain about that?),
  • have a bad marriage (I have been married almost 19 years to a great man... we love hard and fight hard, but end up with the loving!)....

I am pretty well blessed. I could list my woes and complain about every little thing that is not going my way - but in the end, you have to suck it up, play the hand you are dealt or RE-SHUFFLE!

I think that I need to change my prayers... no longer do I want to pray for my kids to be "fixed" or for my salary to be doubled (although I would be totally willing for any of you to pray for these two things for me!)....

I want to learn to pray to be content... content in what God has given me... accept His grace with open hands...

So, tonight I am not really anything... but content... and that is an extreme feeling for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?