December 18, 2012

new old Santa

I love Christmas... I really really do...

I love the lights, the trees, the music, the laughter and the shopping for the perfect gift...

This year, my kids decorated our family tree...

 I love it... From the sparkly reds (my favorite color) to the numerous Santas... I love my tree!

This year, I have added several Santas... I do every year. Some are made by my children, some are gifts from family and friends, some are given to me by my students... I love all of them. The jolly old man brings warmth to my heart and a smile to my face... He represents giving to me... the true art of giving... finding that special gift and then bringing that huge smile or squeal to the my kids...

I have a new Santa... the most special one of the year... from a special friend of many years...
 
 
Many years ago, her father hand painted this for her... This has been a wonderful memory for her over the years...
 
She knew that I collect Santas... This will be a memory for me for the future...
 
I have whimsical Santas, vintage Santas, blown glass Santas, handmade by my children Santas... all are wonderful reminders of the jolly old man who lights up children's faces bringing them the one special gift that they had no idea that they wanted... My childhood memories of Santa are amazing... I visited him at every mall and would want to sit with him for hours. When I was young, Santa came before I was asleep and delivered my first tricycle and my Baby Alive doll... Santa taught me how to give a gift expecting nothing in return. I still love searching high and low, racking my brain to think of a perfect gift, and then delivering a little token that will make my loved one smile and know that I love them...
 
This Santa will shine brightly on my tree this year... He reminds me of a friend's love for me... She searched high and low, racked her brain, and then delivered this little treasure to me today...
 
I am smiling... she loves me... Thank you, R... It could not be any more perfect.

1 comment:

What do you think about that?