June 08, 2013

so much...

I have thought over the last month... "I need to blog about that"... however, it has been a nuts month and I have had very little time to be able to dedicate an hour to myself and my blog...
 
I had a physical a few weeks ago... although I am no where near the weight I want to live at, I was tickled to hear about my blood levels... She told me about my old levels (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, borderline diabetic)... then she read my new levels - low blood pressure, low cholesterol, normal blood sugar, low resting heart rate... I am healthy. She even told me that if I WANTED to lose more weight, I can - but I do not need to if I am satisfied! Well, I am not satisfied yet, so I will keep on keeping on. But, it was wonderful to have a positive doctor's appointment for the first time in over 20 years. It is a new era.
 
My daughter is having a dance recital this weekend - hard work, loads of fun, and a day full of activities. She is excited! Truth be told, my tail will be sore and I will probably be cranky - but once the curtain opens, I will love each moment of seeing her on stage and will think that she is amazing!
 
My youngest is officially a second grader. We spent this past Thursday having pizza and celebrating with awards and hugs... It was a crowded room with crazy children and proud parents. He was thrilled to be done with first grade. We have been very proud of his successes in school. He loves to read and has had a good year. He will be leaving his present school, and going year round starting in July. We are excited.
 
My oldest completed his 10th grade year. To me honest every year is hard for him. He works amazingly with his hands and could build anything. He is a hard worker in the yard and loves to climb trees or clean out our gutters... but school work is very difficult. We are not all cut-out for book work... I read something once that said, "If we were all judged by our ability to fly, most of us would fail"... it reminds me that we are not all great at school, but God has blessed each of us with our OWN gifts... As his mother, I am trying to help him see his gifts and use them! Yet, this year, he passed each class. Truthfully, we did not think that it would happen... but he surprised even himself by making some B's on finals and pulling grades up. We are finishing his sophomore year with all passing grades... and not by the skin on his tail either! I am proud.
 
My middle child has closed the door on her middle school career. On Friday, she graduated from middle school. She spent five years at Voyager Academy. She is leaving this fall to go back to public school. She has begged for years for me to promise her that she could attend Riverside and perform in their chorus productions... her dream will come true in August. It is hard for me to imagine that this little girl who started kindergarten with pig tails and a big grin, walked through graduation in a beautiful dress, gorgeous face, and is such a wonderful young lady... So much has changed... I love this kid!

So there is a little update... I will write more about my special girl in a minute... today is a special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?