January 22, 2018

two and a half years

I had wonderful plans to blog... I was going to blog weekly if not daily... I did well for awhile. But much like everything I attempt to do daily, life gets in the way and I stop. Six years ago I went through some huge physical changes... Three years ago I went through huge occupational changes... and during the past six months we have had huge changes inside our home...

Here I am writing two and a half years later... Two of my children are no longer in our home. Our oldest works for a company where he travels for 4-6 weeks at a time and only returns for a few days... Our middle goes to college - nursing school - in Georgia... Our youngest is in middle school... All the kids are doing well and continue to make me proud!

Scott continues to work at SAS. SAS has been a crazy ride. This is not a company which pays incredibly, however the benefits are amazing... Our medical care is fantastic. It would be a dream for me to have my husband working there, my oldest child working there, and then my middle get a job in the health clinic there... I could see myself living closer to SAS in 15 years... but then again, I can not imagine not living in the house where we brought all three of our babies home!

I am teaching in the dream school... I have taught for a long time with a brief one year stint as a secretary... I love seeing kids learn, laugh, and experience school. I am now at a preschool I had admired and envied for years. My fellow teachers are crazy amazing. The love for children, the crafts, the planning, the new friendships... I am beyond blessed. I feel like I am home. I have to be at work by 8:30am, however I rarely arrive later than 7:30am! I just can't wait to get to work... Blessed.

I do not like new year resolutions... yet, I feel like I am setting goals for myself. My children are moving more independently than ever - I am rarely "needed". So, I am trying to finally concentrate on me. I need to be more physical. I need to eat better. I need more time in books. I need to be more mindful... After 21 years of being a mother, it is beyond time for "me time".

Here's to improving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?