April 08, 2020

being stuck

been stuck in this house since March 13th... 
four weeks...

i have been stuck before - this is not a new feeling. it is simply a new situation. i have been stuck at a job where i did not want to be. i have been stuck at a weight where i was not happy. i have been stuck in a relationship where i was not valued. i have been stuck at a church where i felt surrounded by hypocrisy. i have been stuck in a circle surrounded by people who struggled with boundaries.

being stuck sucks. it is hard. yet, i have come through this feeling before. 
i have seen the other side of "stuck". 

I left the job and found a new professional home. I have moved around and have found satisfaction with my body and all that it has brought me through. I have eliminated friendships that were hurting me and causing me to hurt myself. I have found a church that is not perfect, but doesn't proclaim to be; instead they meet you where you are, love you there and then bring you closer to God. I have changed my circle of close people to me in order to protect my heart and spirit.




so yes, I am stuck in this house. 
no, I do not enjoy being stuck at all.

being stuck sucks. it is hard.

but I have seen the other side before and I will see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?