December 09, 2011

hurt me

talk about me
ignore me
walk past me and do not speak
better yet, walk past me and mutter something ugly
talk about me behind my back to people I love
criticize my life, my weight, my parenting, my choices

but do not hurt my children


 
period



I do not enjoy seeing my children have their feelings hurt... I know that it is normal and expected over their lifetime. I know that some of their friends will be friends forever. I also know that some of their friends will move on. I know that they will say ugly things about people and that people will say ugly things about them. I understand that life will not always be a bed of roses for them. I also understand that even beautiful roses have nasty thorns

knowing all of this does not make it any easier when they are hurting


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?