June 14, 2012

13

Last Friday, on June 8th, my middle child turned 13.

13

holy crap, did I really just type 13?




well, I thought most of the day about what was happening 13 years ago... cramps, contractions, one push, baby scream... but I can blog about that another time, how that impacted me differently this year...



But, my daughter is 13. She looks 15, at least... But, she is a beautiful 13. She is naive. She is innocent. She is my positive out look on most things. She is boy crazy.
She is always having the best or worst day of her entire life. She loves music and loves to sing.
She dances around our home like there are hidden cameras everywhere...
and would love it if there were.
She loves eat Mexican food and laugh with her best friend Abi.

Now, she is also a normal 13. She is self conscious in public. She hates bathing suits.
She has a negative opinion of her appearance and self-worth.


This year I pray for peace in the heart of my child. I pray that she will find her worth in her Lord and that her family can continue to try to let her know how important she is to us. I pray that her inner joy will continue to bubble out and will infect all of the people around her. I pray that all of the "mean girls" will stay away... at least until she is strong enough to cream them on her own....

I love my girl. I always thought that I wanted to be the mother of three boys... girls were too prissy... and well, girly... but God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with her sweet heart.
She is my favorite drama-queen.

Puddin', I love you 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?