August 09, 2011

amazed

I find myself amazed by people....  all different types...

I am amazed by people who can love unconditionally and completely. My sister, Kim, for example. She is a lover of people. She has six children. Three are bio's and three are adoptee's... but there is no difference. She loves, leads, disciplines, instructs, trusts, and mothers each one the same. She is amazing. I love her and am trying to love like her. She is one of the most laid back ladies I have ever met. She does not get "ruffled" easily and loves intensely.

I am amazed by people who are great leaders. I love to watch someone delegate and lead and be successful. I enjoy people who organize events to run smoothly and see them orchestrate the whole thing. I like to follow someone who knows what they are doing. It is good to learn what you are good at and then DO THAT THING... It is okay to be a CEO, if you are good at that kind of thing. It is okay to be a bagger at Food Lion, if you are good at bagging... no one likes to get home and pull their mashed bread out from under the cans of soup that was 10 for $10! And no one enjoys working for a company where their boss is an idiot.

I am amazed by people who live in the past. They talk about, worry about, wish they could change, and cry over the past.... That was me for a long time... There is something freeing about looking back and knowing that the past is exactly that... the past and it is over. Bless the LORD! I am happy to know that it no longer controls my life and my choices. My present is pretty great. I am happy to be here and plan to enjoy it while it is here. I will enjoy the now and plan for the tomorrow... but yesterday, well, I am over it.

I am amazed by the many different types of people in my life. I have great people around me. Some are strong, some are trusting, some are fun, some are crazy... I want to continue to surround myself with great people.

Remember - you can choose... you can choose to be with those who build you up... or you can continue to allow your "friends" to tear you down. You can be supported, loved, and encouraged... or you can be controlled, condemned, and used... but you get to choose who you allow in your circle.

YOU have the power to be amazing and surround yourself with amazing people.... money, race, occupation, etc - they do not determine how amazing you can be -

be amazing and be with amazing people


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?