August 11, 2011

military retirement

I read this on facebook today - it made me think...

"Military retirement is not a Entitlement, it was earned from 20+ Years of Service! Their benefits aren't some kind of charity or handout! Congressional benefits = free health care, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days - now THAT'S welfare. And Congress has the nerve to call a Military Retirement an Entitlement?"


I think I am usually shocked by the politcians who WE VOTE FOR... the fact that they receive so much in the way of money/beneifts/holidays/etc and yet are so quick to cut spending on the elderly, our servicemen and women, or US....  it is crazy...

...I need to run for office...
(would that be so I could change things or so I could have the "stuff"...hmmm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?