August 14, 2011

eighteen

Scott and I awoke this morning to the fireworks of love... okay - actually, he got up to let the dogs out and I got in the shower to get ready for church... then one of us will get breakfast going, while the other gets ready... then force the kids into clothes while the other gets ready... then we will grab shoes and rush out the door about 5 minutes later than we planned...

Today is our anniversary! We have been married for eighteen years as of 3pm this afternoon. I remember most of that weekend so many years ago... I remember being stressed out, tearful due to stress, and unable to eat due to stress... I wish I knew then what I know now... then, I would have been able to breathe and eat and perform simple tasks without tears and foul language!

Scott and I have the perfect marriage. We love intensely. We get along, most of the time. We work as a team and are a united pair with our children... We argue over stupid stuff. I pout. He works too much. I am over dramatic. Money stresses us out. Appointments and activities of the kids get in the way of our one-on-one time. And through it all,  we are happy!

Having never known unconditional love before Scott, I was a skeptic. I would push buttons and fight on purpose early in our marriage. I tried to see if he was staying or if he would have a temper tantrum and leave like I had seen many times growing up. Scott never left. He would get frustrated with me, sigh, and love me anyway. I am sure I made him exhausted.

We run like a well-oiled machine nowadays... of course, all 18 year old machines have leaks, backfires, and tears in the upholstery...

I have been learning in my life about choices and consequences - when looking at my sweet, blue eyed, cute tailed, loving man....

I chose him, I still choose him, and  I would choose him again tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary to the love of my life, the father of my three,
and the only one I care to grow old with...
I love you, Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?