February 04, 2012

demolition vs. construction

do you ever stop to think just how often you criticize the people around you?

  • she wears too much make-up
  • he should pull up his pants
  • she drives too slow
  • her voice drives me nuts
  • she is not the brightest
  • he is wild

I tend to be a fairly critical person. I had a critical parent. I hated the feeling that it gave me... I would spend the morning cleaning... think I had done a great job..
the parent would come in and say
 "I guess you did okay, except for the entire bottom of that table that you did not dust...."


As parents... no, not just as parents.... as common, decent people we need to make more of an effort to be thankful. We need to work harder to build the people around us UP instead of tearing them down.

It is certainly easier to tear things down...

demolition is easy.

Construction is hard work.

I want to strive to work in construction these days...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! As Southerners, we tend to think it's ok to say pretty much anything as long as we add a "bless their heart" to it. I'm guilty of it myself. I gotta' work on that.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about that?