February 04, 2012

memories of parenting

old memories die hard... I spent some time today reflecting on how my parenting is effected by the way I was parented...

I think parenting has to be the absolute hardest job ever....

I do not desire to be my kids' friend. They do not need to love me twenty-four hours a day. It is okay for them to spend some time sulking and frustrated. I pray for them to succeed at everything they try... but I will stand by them when they fall.

I had an angry parent. One parent had a "punish and holler now - ask questions later" approach to parenting.... I have found myself taking this approach a few times...

it is not good.



not sure what I am going to do with these memories that I am having or how it will change what I am doing...

just kind of praying thru it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?