July 24, 2012

sleeping... under wire

So, the sleep study was last night... kind of crazy! Thankfully, the study was located in the same building of my surgeon so I did not have to try to find a new building in the pouring rain!

When I arrived, I met the cool Techie... His name was Preston... covered in tattoos, shaved bald, funny as heck, and had a knack for making you feel relaxed in a weird environment...

He led me to a nice room with a queen sized bed... looked comfy... and I guess it would have been had I not been wired up.... but more in a minute! I had to watch a 25 minute video on Obstructed Sleep Apnea. Boring video, but was filled with a lot of info that I was not aware of beforehand.

Then I had to fill out a questionnaire and get my vitals taken. About 9:30pm, Preston came into my room and started the wiring... two on my left calf, one on each collar bone, a couple on the back of my head, one on top, several around my eyes or mouth... weird. I also had an elastic strap across my chest and another across my belly.

When the testing started, I had to lay still on my back while the machines calibrated... it was nuts. He could tell when I looked left/right or up/down... he could tell if I clenched my teeth. it was nuts.

I watched TV for another 30 minutes or so while texting my family and surfing the web... I was convinced that I would never sleep... never mind that my room was a cool 68 degrees and I had the entire bed to myself along with ownership of the remote...

But I slept... not sure if I snored or how I did... I woke up around 4:15am and dozed on and off until 5 when Preston came in to remove all of the sensors... I did ask about my snoring, and he swears that I am not a loud, problem snoring lady... we will see


So, the final step of testing has been done. I now wait... I am not very good at waiting. All of the results from all of the tests over the last week have to be sent to my surgeon's office. Then they will be sent to Blue Cross Blue Shields... After about 48 hours from that, I will be approved and will schedule my "pre-op" appointment.... Surgery will follow 2-3 weeks from that meeting.

I can see a normal size in my future... I am so excited that I could scream... I feel like I have prayed this through and He is opening every door I come to even before I try to open it... I just pray that it continues!

...stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?