January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Sis!

I always wanted a big brother or sister.... I am an only child. It was good and horrible.... sometimes you get lonely, but then again you never had to share... Yet, when my parents would ask if I wanted a sibling, I always answered the same way
 
"I want an OLDER sibling"
 
My parents never gave in to my begging though.
 
So, I had to wait until 1993... When I was married, I was blessed with an older brother and an older sister... I GOT BOTH! Now, we have always lived far away from each other, but it never mattered. I have always felt as though I was a part of their lives. I have learned from them, been counselled by them, loved by them, corrected by them... and so on.
 
This weekend is my sister's birthday... I could make jokes about how she is getting sooooo old, but seriously she is in better shape, younger looking, thinner, more generous, more godly, and much more beautiful than I am - so I will simply say,
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIS!
 
My sis has been a supportive wife for over 20 years. She has seven children from all over the globe. She is a pastor's wife which is a hard job full of a long list of do's and don'ts. She is busy every night of the week and yet still can fit in "therapy" calls from me regularly.
 
I love her - I admire her - I wish I was more like her
 
Dear, Kimberly,
I pray that this birthday is a true celebration of you. You mean so much to so many - but to me... you are the answer to my childhood dreams/wishes. I love you.
~Amanda
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?