September 05, 2012

back in the saddle

So, we are back in the saddle again! School is back in session... homework has returned and reared its ugly head... I am back at work... It always cracks me up how I forget how difficult it is to get three kids up, fed, dressed, lunches made, out the door, go to work, get three kids from three different car lines, and start homework.... then around 5pm, panic over thinking about what I will feed the family!

This year, I am trying to be more deliberate...
  • more deliberate in my teaching - more planning, more fun, more smiles and laughter...
  • more deliberate in my cooking - better choices of food
  • more deliberate in my shopping - trying to do the majority of buying from the perimeter of the grocery store
  • more deliberate in my free time - more trips to the gym after work and more walks/jogs in the evening with my kids
But I need to be more deliberate in many areas... I need to be more deliberate in finding time each day for a quiet time. I need to be more deliberate in being a more positive person and adding light into friends' lives. I need to be more deliberate in NOT being so critical.

Being back in the saddle is good in a lot of ways, but I need to change my saddle.... No more slipping into old habits and ways...

Let's all make a strong effort to treat ourselves and the people around us better...

I would rather strive for it today than regret missing the chance tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?