January 09, 2012

HE can handle it

I have a special child - okay, all three of my kids are special. You know that is not what I mean. One of my children is diagnosed with a few things. This child has ocd, adhd, and a frontal lobe disorder.

It is hard. I spend a lot of time dealing with doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, pharmacists, teachers, IEP's, homework reviews, sibling struggles due to special needs, and many other aspects for this child.

Almost all extra money goes toward something for this child.
A large part of the monthly budget goes toward the medical needs of this child.

Would I change it if I could? Well, this is where I would say, "No, I love my kids just the way they are. God is teaching me so many things thru all of this..." But, I am not nearly as holy as I would like to be. So, I will be honest - I would love to have my child healed. I would love to see my child be just like the average child and have average problems and joys...

I have often heard "God won't give you more than you can handle"...
I really do think that is crap.

I believe instead "GOD won't give you more than HE can help you through."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the last 6 weeks, we have started new medication that has changed our lives.
We have more laughs, more joys, less sibling warfare, more peace. It has been nice.

Over Christmas break, we had one horrible day. We had a adverse reaction to one pill...
It changed everything. We could not get away from it nor could we fix it.

Thankfully, I have a wonderful friend who walked us through it. She pointed out the manic episode had to be due to a medication. She met with me, cried with me, prayed for me....
 then she met with my child, talked with my child, prayed over my child....

God had my family to go through a HORRIFIC ordeal with a child of mine. I could not handle it. I lost my mind. But, God helped me through it.

So, if you are going through a rough patch... and someone tells you that God wouldn't let you go through it if you can't handle it... please know that it may not be true...

HOWEVER, HE will help you through it.
HE will guide you, comfort you, assist you, and can handle it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?