January 08, 2012

looking at youth groups

I need a good youth group for my kids. I want a youth group that does Bible Studies and small groups. I want a youth leader who will be invested in my kids. I am looking for a youth group that meets each week, but also does fun activities together that build a sense of community... amusement parks, bowling, skating, sleepovers, water fights, overnight trips, mission trips, community service... not just one week of summer camp.

I am looking for a strong community for my kids to belong to.

I can teach them right from wrong. I can read to them the scripture and try to live a life that demonstrates the Godly way. I can be there to answer questions and talk about the hard subjects.

  • I cannot give them Godly friends, only provide a place for them to hopefully find them.
  • I cannot give them a community, only provide a ride to the event and hope that someone reaches out to them.
  • I cannot be a mentor to them, only ask a leader to please reach out and take my child under his/her wing.

  • Sometimes teens need to talk and they don't want to talk to their parents - a good youth leader would be great!
  • Sometimes teens need help making friends - a good youth leader or small group leader would draw them in and encourage them to make relationships.
  • Sometimes teens need to be accountable - a good leader and youth group can provide accountability when parents can't always be there.

My children are in a youth group right now... but it is too huge. They are out numbered. They are not super sporty or super popular personalities. They are normal, average, nice kids. They get overlooked or missed.

are your children in a great youth group? Please Please PLEASE give me some feedback....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?