January 21, 2012

relinquish


I have always been an only child. I had no sibling rivalry. I shared with no one. I stood alone, fought my own battles, carried my own weight, trusted VERY few, had my own thoughts and opinions that were rarely changed....

I think is why I struggle with faith... to be able to trust God for things that seems to be out of my control. I know in my head that the Bible is right. I know that He can take care of things, work everything out, keep me safe, protect my children, provide for our family....

but in my heart - I still struggle with wanting to take over and do it myself.

I do not need a "co-pilot". I need to get into the baggage section of the plane and relinquish control completely... see, down in the baggage section, I would not even have windows...

I do not relinquish very well....

but I am trying

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?