August 08, 2012

amazing daughter

Being the middle child is hard... at least in our house.

My firstborn takes a lot of attention... he has some special needs, needs more help with homework, needs more guidance with friendships and relationships, has at least one doctor appointment per week, numerous prescriptions four times a day, and is always busy at something...

My youngest child is a mess... he is smarter than I ever dreamed, he knows more facts about animals than any adult I have ever met, he loves to create new robots or projects from every spare piece of cardboard in the house, he wants everyone to participate in his imaginative adventures, he has just discovered video games, he loves to draw and create things with his hands,and he will talk for HOURS about animals or anything new has learned or thought of....

My middle child can get overlooked easily. She is a good kid. She can be a little overdramatic, but I think that it just because she wants attention so badly... She makes A's in school and will cry over a 92.7 because even though the teacher gave her an A "she did not really earn the A"... She is helpful and loving. She loves to sing and dance. She loves to laugh and snuggle... if she could do anything right this minute, she would just want to "be" with one of us. It is precious and funny.


But this post is to say, I could not have done this surgery without her. She is reliable and helpful. Most of my appointments have been in Cary... so I am 45 minutes away from my doctor... any appointment I have means around 3 hours of my absence. She babysat Caleb for all of them. She would be smiling when I got home and just giggle while Caleb told me all of the things they had done... playdough, markers, building, legos, movies, popcorn, games...

Scott and Alex have been gone most of the summer with scouts. They have had a great time and have earned a lot of badges and spent a ton of time together... but they have not been here and have no idea just how many appointments and places I have had to go...

But Jess has been here through it all.
She has been my little cheerleader on the sidelines telling me that I could do it...

And I can do it....

with her help


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?