August 14, 2012

I won

It took me TWO YEARS to convince Scott to marry me... you may chuckle and think that I am kidding... but no. It is a fact. Yes, he loved me... but he was emphatic that he would not marry anyone who he dated in college... hard headed... but
I won

We knew each other in college... we were friends both dating other people... then through a series of events, we found ourselves on a college choir tour and "hung out" with each other for a week... did a little giggling and a little kissing... but in the true to form way that I handle things, at the end of the week, I asked him, "so, are we just having a choir trip fling or will we go out after all of this?" I know, I am subtle. I get told that all of the time.

Scott wanted to date, but was not ready to be exclusive... so, we dated other people... well, I did. Every time he asked me out, I made sure that I had a date with someone else. Until two months later, after he had not gone out with anyone else, HE decided that we should be exclusive... hee hee
I won

Then, our senior year we talked about getting married. He wasn't sure that he would ever get married... I said , "yes you will. next summer you are marrying me." He laughed... but...
I won

In August 1993, My sweet man stood at the front of a small church and smiled as I walked toward him. We sang to each other, laughed loudly with each other, and had a fun afternoon at our wedding. Now, 19 years later, we would do the wedding completely differently... but back then,
I won

Over the years, we have moved five times (each time because I wanted to, and he just went with me), bought a few cars (he let me pick out each one), bought furniture ("whatever you want"), painted walls ("its just color babe, whatever you want"), had three children, changed jobs, gone through surgeries and health problems, and yet... here he stands by me..

I won


So, Happy Anniversary to my love, Scott Sublett...  You and I have been through so much over 19 years... here's to the next 19... I will always remember that

I   WON

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?