August 01, 2012

i have a date!

So, I had my final results appointment this morning... well, it started in the morning and lasted through 3pm...

I passed all of the tests with the exception of the sleep study. Thankfully, I will be able to have a cpap machine for surgery. They are going to give me a loaner machine.

After hearing my results, we had a long meeting about what I will be allowed to eat or should I say DRINK over the next three weeks! I have to admit that I was not very thrilled over all of the many... okay, FEW choices that I will have.

When I met with Dr Bruce, I requested to have the surgery tomorrow... he laughed and thought I was kidding - of course, then I told him that I stopped eating yesterday and had been on clear liquids all day just in case he had a cancellation for tomorrow - He thought that was funny and hilarious... however, there were no cancellations!

I will be having surgery on Thursday, August 9th around lunchtime.  I can not even begin to write or explain just how excited I am. I feel as though I will have a second chance with life starting next Thursday afternoon. It is crazy....

I am sitting here in the big bed at the sleep study... thinking about all I need to do before next Thursday... I start my "liver reduction diet" tomorrow morning. I did buy the cappuccino flavor and plan to make it with decaff coffee... I am hoping it will be halfway yummy... we will see. I will be eating/drinking about 3-4 times a day until Tuesday evening... then clear liquids only on Wednesday before surgery!

Here's to the new me... here's to shopping in regular stores... here's to sitting in plastic lawn chairs without worrying that they will break...

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! That was fast! I am excited for you...we have all been praying for you every day! We will def. miss you this weekend! Josie keeps thinking that you are going to surprise us and just show up. I am trying to tell her not to get her hopes up! Lots for you to do between now and next Thursday! I will call you soon.
    K

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about that?