August 23, 2012

it's mental

I'm slowly learning that bariatric surgery is mental...
 
I am feeling great. Physically, I have no pains. I have small scars that are almost completely healed. I have been "cleared" to re-enter the pool. I know that as long as I have scabs outside that I have healing to do internally...
 
I feel like I could do whatever chore I want. I feel like I should have no limitations.
 
If you see me out and about, you would not know that I had major surgery two weeks ago today...
 
 
But I am having major regrets... I have not lost weight in 6 days. I am not really eating anything of consequence yet. I am walking regularly. In my opinion the weight should be FLYING off.
 
I wish I had full gastric bypass.
I feel like the weight would be moving.
 
In my head, I know that the surgeon chose the surgery that was best for me. He reminded me yesterday that I only had 75-90 pounds to lose not the normal 100-150 of a bariatric patient. He pointed out that I have lost over 15% of my goal weight in two weeks...
 
In my head this all sounds good and true
 
then I look into the mirror and am reminded that I had major surgery and am STILL FAT.
 
this is a mental journey... I will persevere... I will make it and achieve my goal weight...
I just have to learn that I will do it in due time, not overnight...

1 comment:

  1. Amanda...You are doing great!!!It takes time....15% of a goal weight in two weeks is AWESOME!!! you cannot loose it all overnight. Take a deep breath...and step away from the scale. Look at all the things in this post that you have to be thankful for ( you already wrote them out!)....and reflect on that! You are beautiful....don't let the mental crap get in the way of your JOY!!
    Talk to some of the folks who have gone thru this....remind yourself of the person you will be by Halloween,,,,then Thanksgiving....then Christmas....you get it! :-) I will be praying for your feelings to freeze for a bit so you can listen to your head and your doctor! :-)
    I love you tons! You are an amazing woman and sister!! :-)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about that?